Podiatry is the healthcare specialism for the assessment, diagnosis and management of lower limb
conditions. A Podiatrist completes a 3-4 year degree in Podiatric Medicine and must undertake 1000
hours of clinical practice before qualifying. Similar to visiting a Dentist for tooth problems, you
should visit a Podiatrist for foot and ankle problems or when pain is caused by the way in which you
walk. Podiatrists provide a wide range of services including:
- Foot Care – Professional routine care, and medical treatment of nail and skin conditions
- Sports/Injury – Podiatrists are specialists in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of lower limb disorders
- Infection – Expert treatment of bacterial, viral and fungal foot infections including prescription antibiotics
- Medical – Management and treatment of foot and ankle complications arising from medical conditions
- Insoles & Orthotics – Industry leading knowledge in prefabricated and custom foot insoles and orthotics for a range of conditions
Luke McCarthy BSc (Hons), MCPod, HCPC reg.
Luke graduated with a First-Class Honours Degree in Podiatric Medicine. He is known for having a friendly and compassionate professional approach to patient care and is the lead Podiatrist at MyFootMedic. Since graduating; Luke has continued to further his knowledge by undertaking regular professional development of which has enabled him to become an extended scope practitioner. He is due to start a post-graduate degree in the theory of Foot and Ankle Surgery at Huddersfield University next year and will soon be sitting the final exam for entrance into the prestigious faculty of Podiatric Medicine for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow). Luke can treat a wide range of lower limb conditions and is a specialist in the management of foot pain. Outside of work; Luke previously represented England as an alpine ski racer and was a sponsored freestyler skier, he now enjoys cycling, badminton and walking.
To find out more about the common conditions we treat and the services we offer, or to book an appointment online, please visit www.myfootmedic.com