We understand the importance of you and the baby's health during your pregnancy.
Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) is a screening test that tests the baby’s DNA in the mother’s bloodstream to identify if the baby is affected by certain chromosomal abnormalities.The test requires a blood sample taken from the mother’s arm and carries no risk to the mother or baby.
Why have NIPT?
A NIPT Test offers
NIPT is a more accurate test as it is 100% sensitive for Down’s and Patau’s Syndromes and 91.7% sensitive for Edwards’ Syndrome.
It also can determine the sex of the baby with 99.6% accuracy.
Not Suitable for:
- The NIPT test is available for all women from 10 weeks of pregnancy
- The test is suitable for single and twin pregnancies (Please note that for non-identical twin pregnancies the NIPT test will provide the chance of a Trisomy affected pregnancy for the pregnancy and will not be able to provide a twin-specific chance)
- The test is suitable for IVF pregnancies (including donor egg pregnancies)
- The test is suitable for surrogate pregnancies
Cost £ 399
- The NIPT test is not suitable if you have cancer or chromosomal abnormalities including Trisomy 13, 18 and 21
- NIPT cannot be performed in multiple pregnancies greater than twins
- NIPT cannot be performed if you have had an organ transplant or received stem cell therapy or immunotherapy within the last 12 months
- NIPT cannot be performed if you have had a blood transfusion with the last 3 months
Results given within 7 to 10 days